Monday, January 24, 2011

fabric pears



I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at one of the projects I'm working on. The chances of Judy, who's new kitchen is the inspiration for this project, looking at this is slim to none so I thought I'd quick post this.


I have a book full of super cute shabby chic sewing projects for the home and even as Judy's kitchen pears project has been motivated as an act of love towards my dear friend it looks like if all goes well a few other friends will also have a basket of pears on their dining room table. So this is just the first one. Becky, Judy's daughter, spent an afternoon cutting these out with me, it was definitely a memorable time spent together.

I got my wire basket at Target and picked out shades of green fabric along with other fun accent colors which I'll be sure to post when I finish. Now it's time to run out for kabob skewers for my stems, I used a match stick here minus the tip but I think round would be more realistic than square.

4 comments:

  1. YAY Gretchen! So excited for the steps you are taking. We are on the same path, us strong, creative women from the Pollard clan!

    Love, love , love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! How cute! And to get to spend time with Becky is like a big bonus, too. What's better than making something for someone you love, with someone you love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies!

    It was Becky's birthday and she drove an hour to come spend the day with me, of course she had a head full of foils which added to the fun :) Becky is doing something special on one of the pairs in French so that will be a special touch.

    ReplyDelete