Monday, August 9, 2010

peasant girl Gab


this is an outfit I made for my baby, I HATE diapers exposed so I've been meaning to make her bloomers and actually went out and bought a pattern to make these, the rest came from my mind and a combination of other things i've seen that I thought were cute. The white and blue floral print i've had for years and loved, the dark blue is a thin dark chambray. The floral print lines the bodice and peaks out the top at the ties. A friend told me about French seams so i've incorporated that in this little design, so now raw edges. I bought a new blade for my rotary cutter at the same time I bought the pattern and it made cutting out everything a breeze, not sure what i did before I discovered my green mat and rotary cutter. seriously, cutting perfect lines and keeping seams trimmed perfectly makes all the difference to this perfectionist!

6 comments:

  1. The only thing I can cut with a rotary cutter is my finger, but I'm with you on the french seam business. I serge to protect from fraying (because I'm a worrier) but I like the pretty french seams. Maybe it has to do with being a cross-stitcher when I was a kid: my grandma always said that it needed to look as pretty on the back as it did on the front. French seams make the inside as pretty as the outside!

    ANYWAY...Gabby looks so cute in her new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, Gretchen! I've been waiting for you to do this for years, so I am thrilled. That might be an understatement though.
    I will be adding this to my blog roll and checking in for updates! yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is simply adorable is your fabulous confection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yes... I love her outfit. Very cute. If you sold it, I'd buy a few. I also hate when diapers are showing, so I'm a huge fan of the bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Bloomers are such an easy way to up the cute factor of any outfit! I just blogged about my fave sewing patterns today, creativity must be in the air... :) So glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete